God rescued me and I long for others to know him.
Nearly 20 years ago, I was a single mom working at Lone Star Steakhouse
and Saloon, barely making ends meet and making too many bad choices. God met me. He met me through the gentle grace of older
women who came alongside me. He met me through the practical help of friends and family. He met me through his Word, as I
learned about and fell in love with his character. And as I grew in my love and devotion, I longed for other people to know
him as well. That passion remains, and out of the overflow God has given me some amazing opportunities to communicate his
heart. I count it a privilege to be part of the story He is weaving in and through other lives.
read through the bullet points listed below, I pray that you won't see them as a resume or a list of my accomplishments, but
instead as evidence of God's grace and kindness in my life. And it's not a kindness limited to my own story. It's who God
is, it's what He does as we set our lives before him. He creates masterpieces from messes and beauty from ashes.
Also, if you're interested, you can check out the speaking topics I offer for retreats and workshops.
of my personal journey, you can click on the love story that God brought into
my life. I'm married, to a wonderful man with three beautiful children. My girl (Sam) and I love how God has expanded our
little family. It's a whole new adventure.
Or finally, if you would like to drop me a note and tell me your own
story, I’d be delighted to hear it. Thank you for visiting, I’m honored you came by.
I've had the joy of participating in:
- Currently working as a full-time freelance
author and speaker.
- Authored "Pure Love, Pure Life, Exploring God's Heart on Purity" (Zondervan) - a book
for teen girls on pure living.
- Featured guest on Focus on the Family radio broadcast with Jim Daly and Dr Juli Slattery.
Click here to listen.
- Expert on the Single & Parenting DVD series produced by Church Initiative.
- Worked as a ghost
writer for numerous authors to communicate their hearts in an effective way.
- Through December 2009, worked as the
associate editor of Thriving Family magazine, a publication of Focus on the Family.
- Authored "99 Ways to Fight
Worry and Stress" released August, 2009 by Random House Pulishers
- Worked as the editor of the Single-Parent Family
edition of the Focus on the Family magazine in Colorado Springs, CO from 2002 to 2005.
- Authored "A Woman With
a Past, A God With a Future" released August 2006 by New Hope Publishers.
- Authored "The Single Mom's Guide
to Finding Joy in the Chaos" recently released by Revell, in cooperation with MOPS international.
in the new DivorceCare videos as an encourager to people hurting from divorce.
- Wrote hundreds of articles for publications
such as Focus on the Family's parenting newsletters, Focus on the Family magazine, Women's World, Family, Christian Single
- Authored "Settling for Less Than God's Best? A Relationship Checkup for Single Women" released
in 2003 by New Hope Publishers.
- Authored "A Woman Who Hurts, A God Who Heals" released in 2002 by New Hope
- Have the privilege of speaking to churches around the country, offering retreats specifically designed
for women, singles or single parents (2000 - 2014).
- Participate in leadership training for parents, women, singles
and single parent leaders (2000 - 2014).